I have this blog to document my infertility adventures from the past four years.
I laugh, I cry, I vent.
In the end, this is cheap therapy.


Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pregnancy Fun Facts

I have been very, very fortunate not to have to deal with the horrible morning sickness from Hades. However, there were a few things that I was not expecting to deal with that I am now suffering with all the time.

Pregnancy Issues that No One Ever Told Me About
-constant stuffed up and/or runny nose
-daily nosebleeds, usually brought on by trying to blow my nose
-joint pain (who in the hell ever thought it was a good idea to produce relaxin in the first trimester? Seriously?)
-hip pain (I'm putting this in its own category, because it's so so so bad.)
-sciatica (different from hip pain....sciatica is butt pain.)
-headaches
-flatulence that rivals my dogs' (okay, that one is kind of funny....and sometimes I'm almost grateful for the stuffy nose...)
-sweating. all.the.time. Even when I'm cold.
-Weird veins popping up everywhere. My boobs look like road maps.
-vision changes. I'm trying to put off getting new glasses....but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to.
-itchiness all over! (back, legs, and boobs are the worst!) I can't stand wearing a bra for longer than 10 minutes. Casey thinks it's great....the coworkers think it's weird.
-really really vivid dreams.

Wow. This list was longer than I thought it would be. Oh well.

I'm going to crawl back into bed. My immune system hates me and I'm coming down with another bug of some sort.

3 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

ah ... geez. i had most of these *issues* too. when 'they' say everything changes ... 'they' kinda sorta mean it. i still deal with some of this crap which totally sucks. but, you know, whatever. i sure hope your immune system decides to be your friend - that you can kick whatever is dragging you under and feel grand!

Megan B ♥ said...

I LOVE your countdown! You are officially counting down. FIFTEEN weeks already! WAHOOOooooo!!! Hormones are awesome, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love the countdown too! Adorable!