...less hit by a truck, more like I'm breathing fire.
I am very pleased with how things went yesterday. After waking up at the ungodly hour of 4:00am, Casey and I arrived at the hospital at 5:30. I was in the first group to be taken back to the pre-op area, which was at about 6:00. Casey was able to sit with me for a couple minutes after they put my IV in and started my fluids (and my first of two large doses of Versed....so I was loopy) I was taken back to the operating room at 6:45, and Dr. E went to go tell Casey that I was in recovery by 7:15. All in all, things went very smoothly (except when they gave me my SECOND big dose of Versed, I decided that was too much for me and proceeded to throw up the anti-nausea medicine they gave me. Three times. I vaguely remember Dr. E actually being the one holding my pukey bag. That is one hands-on doctor!)
One thing I wasn't anticipating was the fact that when you're under anesthesia for such a short time, it takes almost no time to recover. I was home by 9:30....and awake and piddling around my house by noon. I couldn't stay upright for more than 5 minutes at a time...and after every time I got up, I had to take a cat nap right after...but I felt pretty good. I didn't have to take the full dose of the pain pills that they gave me, because I wasn't in that much pain. (Of course....I am in a little pain. I have sutures where NO woman should ever have sutures.) I spent most of the day in bed eating popsicles and reading my new Jodi Picoult book that Casey got me. :) Except for the hour that I decided I needed to cut Casey's hair. First of all, I can't believe he even let me cut his hair the same day I was put under general anesthesia. Secondly...it turned out pretty good...actually REALLY good (except that I accidently shaved a stripe in one of his sideburns...but since it's only the second haircut I've even given the man, he wasn't mad...) It took me forever to do it...but the man has a lot of hair. Or maybe it just felt that way because I was upright for longer than 5 minutes.
I feel a little better today. My throat hurts actually more than it did yesterday, but that's from the trach tube. I am more sore, but less painful than I was yesterday. I didn't get much sleep last night, because of my throat....but that's okay. I have popsicles.


2 comments:
I'm glad things went well and that you are feeling ok. I hope you are feeling much better soon.
SO glad you're home and feeling better.
Post a Comment