I have this blog to document my infertility adventures from the past four years.
I laugh, I cry, I vent.
In the end, this is cheap therapy.


Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oops

I've been a very bad blogger. Not that anyone noticed...I'm pretty sure this is the first time anyone has realized I haven't blogged in almost a month. I've had some pretty bad moods, and I didn't want it to leech onto my blog. :) I'm (almost) better now.

Things are going well, but I'm entering a new phase of this pregnancy. I'm only twelve weeks in, and I'm starting to show. Well...not so much "show the pregnancy" as it is "I can't suck in my fat tummy because there's a baby behind it". I can actually feel my uterus if I press lightly on my belly, and THAT is just weird to me. Every time Casey catches a glance of my belly (when I'm changing or something) he gets this big grin on his face and starts pawing at my belly. One of these days he's going to draw back nubs... It's cute a little when he's snuggly and sweet, but he's getting really snuggly and sweet all the time, and sometimes I need a little s p a c e (a totally new development...because I'm usually the one crawling into his lap for snuggles.) I'm not going to post any preggie belly pictures until I actually look pregnant, instead of just looking fat. :)

I have finally got my morning sickness figured out. (You know, just in time for it to go away for my second trimester...) I realized I get MUCH more sick if I don't eat. I hardly have any food aversions, but when I do they're STRONG. I basically eat every two hours, and I don't usually have many problems. (my cubby at work is filled with food, so much that the girls are starting to pick on me a little.) I've got quite the stash of clementines, yogurt, peanut butter and crackers. If for some reason I can't eat than I can drink juice, and that'll stall the nausea for about a half hour, but not much longer. If I'm starting to get hungry and I drink water, it makes me VIOLENTLY ill (a very, very sad thing....because I love water.) I used to be able to go a whole day at work without eating or taking a break (you know, if we were super busy or something) but everyone knows that my break is a priority. Even if I'm not hungry (because I've been snacking) I still need to take a break just to sit and recharge. If I don't, I get really cranky and tired....and that does not make for a very good work environment.

The fun sciatica is back...and Doc says it's here to stick around for awhile. Before, it was an injury. Now it's related to my pregnancy....it HURTS.

On the bright side....even though I'm showing a little, I haven't gained any weight. I gained a little, then I lost it all when I was sick. I'm sooo glad that I'm feeling better, because I was seriously miserable for two weeks. I called my OB with the doc-in-a-box diagnosis...and he gave me a Z-pack....by the time Day 3 rolled around, I had my voice back and was well on my way to a full recovery. :) I'm SO glad...because I kept having visions of my sister's 3 month long pneumonia battle, and I did NOT want to go through that.

Okay... I guess that's it for an update. I have my major sonogram next Friday, so we *should* be able to hear the heartbeat. So exciting!!!!

4 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Water made me sick too. So sad.

Anonymous said...

Yeah you do NOT want the pregnancy pneumonia thing. Back before I knew how to start treating it myself at home, at the first sign of it, my OB's let it go for months! It. Was. Miserable.

Can't wait for pictures!

the happy thomas family said...

i noticed your absence. so glad you're back. still - and always - so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad everything is going well...I am overjoyed for you!