I have this blog to document my infertility adventures from the past four years.
I laugh, I cry, I vent.
In the end, this is cheap therapy.


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Insanity!

I am officially miserable. I called my doctor this morning, desperate for ANYTHING that can help with the hellish side effects of this medicine. I'll take the Crazies back over this! I was up all night because my with nausea/stomachache...got up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, threw up, brushed teeth again, went to work...where I proceeded to dry heave over the trash can during my conference call. I can't eat anything without getting sick. It's getting to the point where I can't even THINK about food without feeling sick to my stomach. I'm still trying to go to the gym every other day, but I don't have any energy. I went yesterday after work because I hadn't been in several days....and it was hard because I just don't have the energy.

I'm dehydrated. I'm getting headaches because I'm dehydrated, and I can't drink enough water to make up for all the water I'm losing. I'm exhausted because A) I can't sleep and B) I can't eat anything to give me energy. I'm starting to wonder if they make intravenous nutrition for home use....because I'm not getting any nutrients the conventional way.

Casey and I went over to his parents' house last night for a big dinner, since it was Shane's last day in town. Tony made chicken cordon bleu (forget ham...he used prosciutto!), broccoli casserole, and homemade bread. I got through about 1/4 of my plate before I realized that it was a very, very big mistake. That's probably why I was up all night. I ended up taking the rest home with me because I couldn't finish it. (It's still sitting in the my fridge...) Thanksgiving is in two days...how am I supposed to sit through this meal without eating anything? The alternative is actually eating something...and that's not really an option. I've been trying to figure out a way to get out of going to Thanksgiving! How sad is that? I'm actually thinking of not taking my medicine for a few days, just so I can enjoy the holiday. And then the day after when Tim comes to visit.

I've lost 5 pounds. A combination of going to the gym and being unwillingly bulimic. Casey is proud of my weight loss...and I would be proud too, if I didn't feel like crap all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something to fight this war? There isn't enough pepto bismol in the world that'll help. If I don't start getting used to this or if these site effects don't let up, we're skipping straight to the next step. I don't think I can handle much more of this.

2 comments:

Megan B said...

I'm so so so sorry. PS -- don't be discouraged if the five pounds reappear when you are rehydrated. I hope they don't but don't be mad if they do.... I don't have any advice on the nausea front, I'm sorry!

Courtney said...

1. PLEASE don't brush your teeth right after you throw up! I know it sounds gross but that is the worse thing you can do. The stomach acid softens the teeth and if you brush it you wear away the enamel. Rinse your mouth with water, drink water if you can and wait 20 minutes or so to brush your teeth.

2. Ask your DR for an Rx for Zofran. It's what cancer patients use for nausea. And a LOT of pregnant women use it for morning sickness.